Sunday, January 4, 2015

What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been

A new chapter will begin tomorrow. 

February 2014 until today was just the introduction, the under probation, the inception.

Today I do laundry, put Christmas away, grocery shop, and make school lunches. 

Tomorrow I fly to Washington, DC for four days.  Tomorrow is the start of my new beginning.

I never in my right mind would have said that this is what I would be doing if you'd asked me two years ago what I would be doing tomorrow.

I am beyond proud of myself.  I've worked really hard and feel that the cards I've got in my hand are worth playing.

"You're sick of hangin' around and you'd like to travel;
Get tired of travelin' and you want to settle down.
I guess they can't revoke your soul for tryin',
Get out of the door and light out and look all around.

Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me;  Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurres to me What a long, strange trip it's been."

No comments: